By Mark Wagner, Guy Norris
Poised for takeoff on that scorching morning in April 2005, the Airbus A380 had the practical, robust presence of a big predatory chicken. With its huge, immense gulled wings, imperiously tall tail, and large, domed forepeak, it regarded able to tackle the realm. And alongside the way in which, it has had lots of supporters—and critics. No civil airliner because the supersonic Concorde has aroused such emotion, such fascination, and such reason célèbre.
To a convinced Airbus and the millions of awestruck staff who cheered it into that cloudless sky over Toulouse, it skill a lot more. the eu corporation has been remodeled below the vast wings of this fantastic venture right into a unmarried company entity—from a unfastened consortium right into a new, extra dynamic strength to problem its invaluable adversary Boeing in each marketplace sector.
Read or Download Airbus A380: Superjumbo of the 21st Century PDF
Best aviation books
The layout and improvement of British bombers on the grounds that WWII is roofed extensive. makes use of lately declassified files to bare little-known proof approximately unique bomber improvement tasks. Covers the layout backgrounds for the V-Bomber software, Canberra, Buccaneer, Avro 730, TSR. 2, Harrier, Jaguar and twister.
Airplane layout three (2000) 261 - 273
Airplane layout 1 (1998) 51—60
E-book via Rice, Michael S.
- America's Secret MiG Squadron The Red Eagles of Project CONSTANT PEG
- Beyond horizons : a half century of Air Force space leadership
- The Avro Lancaster
- Design of low-speed aircraft by numerical and experimental techniques developed at DPA
- Round Engine Racers - Bearcats Corsairs
- Fieseler Fi.156 Storch
Extra info for Airbus A380: Superjumbo of the 21st Century
2. Begin stabilized descent. 3. Continue to scan for traffic. Final Objective — make only small corrections as necessary. 1. 3 VS0 _____ KIAS. 2. Maintain a stabilized approach speed and glide path. 3. Continue to scan for traffic. 4. Mentally prepare for possible go-around. Chapter 4 • Airport Operations 21 22 Lesson Plans TAKEOFFS, LANDINGS AND GO-AROUNDS CHAPTER 5 This chapter contains the following maneuver briefings: • Normal and crosswind takeoff and climb • Normal and crosswind approach and landing • Soft-field takeoff and climb • Soft-field approach and landing • Short-field takeoff and maximum performance climb • Short-field approach and landing • Forward slip to a landing • Go-around or rejected landing • Power-off 180° accuracy approach and landing AREA OF OPERATION: Preflight Lesson on a Maneuver to be Performed in Flight Note: Examiner shall select at least one maneuver and ask the applicant to present a preflight lesson on the selected maneuver as the lesson would be taught to a student.
Chapter 5 • Takeoffs, Landings and Go-Arounds SUCCESS = You’re ready Plane’s ready Willing to abort Sterile cockpit 500’ AGL 43 EVALUATION Minimum Tolerances During FAA Practical Exams Completion standards for the lesson may vary with the phase of training. The minimum standards required to be successful on the practical test are: 1. Exhibit knowledge of the elements related to a soft-field takeoff and climb. 2. Position the flight controls for existing wind conditions and to maximize lift as quickly as possible.
Even though landing is a busy time, safe pilots divide attention: 10 seconds inside your cockpit, verifying instruments 20 seconds outside re-evaluating glidepath 30 seconds scanning for traffic On final, airspeed and glidepath are stabilized so that now we can fully stabilize the approach: • Final leg is a good place to mentally allow yourself permission to abort and review your go-around procedures so they are fresh in your mind. Never think you have no choice but to land. • Continue to scan for traffic in the air and on the ground.
Airbus A380: Superjumbo of the 21st Century by Mark Wagner, Guy Norris