By Yuli Vasiliev
Beginning Database-Driven software improvement in Javaв„ў EE: utilizing GlassFishв„ў specializes in the open resource GlassFish patience engine. This booklet exhibits Java programmers easy methods to boost functions using relational database applied sciences with examples utilizing Oracle and MySQL and the GlassFish program improvement framework and deployment platform all in keeping with Java EE.
- The booklet explains intimately how one can manage your Java EE answer right into a multilayer structure, putting so much emphasis on the right way to enforce the patience and database degrees of an program.
- Through many examples, this e-book indicates how one can successfully use the Java patience good points to be had within the Java EE platform. learn the way you could significantly simplify the duty of establishing the endurance layer of your Java EE program through relocating a few program common sense into the underlying database, using database perspectives, kept courses, and triggers.
- The e-book additionally explains how one can install Java EE functions to GlassFish, a loose, open resource Java EE 5вЂ“compliant program server.
What youвЂ™ll learn
- Use the GlassFish patience layer together with GlassFish Java EE program server.
- Organize the database and endurance stages of a Java EE software; and make the most of MySQL or Oracle database functions whilst construction the database tier.
- Work with EJB three JPA object/relational mapping gains; plug JPA into Java EE transactional setting; and enforce endurance with the EJB three EntityManager.
- Integrate and use JSF (webвЂ“tier) utilizing rising GlassFish JSF Framework (Scales) and different JSF tools/frameworks.
- Deploy purposes to GlassFish program Server.
Who is that this e-book for?
The ebook is suitable for Java builders who are looking to find out how to strengthen Java EE purposes interacting with a relational database through the Java patience API (JPA) after which set up them to the open resource GlassFish program Server.
About the Apress starting Series
The starting sequence from Apress is the appropriate option to get the data you must land that the most important entryвЂ“level task. those books will train you a typical and critical expertise from the floor up simply because they're explicitly designed to take you from вЂњnovice to professional.вЂќ YouвЂ™ll begin your trip through seeing what you must knowвЂ”but with no unnecessary concept and filler. YouвЂ™ll construct your ability set by way of studying tips to prepare realвЂ“world tasks step-by-step. So no matter if your target is your subsequent occupation problem or a brand new studying chance, the start sequence from Apress will take you thereвЂ”it is your depended on advisor via surprising territory!
Read or Download Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java EE: Using GlassFish PDF
Best introductory & beginning books
The layout and implementation of programming languages, from Fortran and Cobol to Caml and Java, has been one of many key advancements within the administration of ever extra complicated automated structures. creation to the speculation of Programming Languages supplies the reader the capacity to find the instruments to imagine, layout, and enforce those languages.
Desktops and Art presents insightful views at the use of the pc as a device for artists. The methods taken fluctuate from its old, philosophical and sensible implications to using laptop expertise in paintings perform. The individuals comprise an paintings critic, an educator, a training artist and a researcher.
Contents: Preface; creation; Tiny Fortran; and working approach versions; procedures, Shared reminiscence and easy Parallel courses; easy Parallel Programming innovations; limitations and Race stipulations; advent to Scheduling-Nested Loops; Overcoming information Dependencies; Scheduling precis; Linear Recurrence Relations--Backward Dependencies; functionality Tuning; Discrete occasion, Discrete Time Simulation; a few purposes; Semaphores and occasions; Programming venture.
В книге рассказывается о технологии WML, которая позволяет создавать WAP страницы. И если Вас интересует WAP «изнутри», то эта книга для Вас. booklet Description the subsequent new release of cellular communicators is right here, and offering content material to them will suggest programming in WML (Wireless Markup Language) and WMLScript, the languages of the instant program atmosphere (WAE).
- Basic analysis: Introduction to real analysis
- HTML 5 e CSS 3
- Beginning C for Arduino: learn C programming for the Arduino and compatible microcontrollers
- Complete Guide For Python Programming
- Introductory Lectures on Convex Optimization: A Basic Course
Additional resources for Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java EE: Using GlassFish
Assuming you have an Oracle Database server installed and running on your system, you can launch Oracle SQL*Plus from a terminal window by entering sqlplus. Then, you will be prompted to enter a username to connect to the database. You can connect as SYSDBA by entering /as sysdba. Once you are connected, you should see the SQL> prompt where you can enter a SQL statement to be issued against the database. For example, you might enter the following simple statement to make sure the database server is reachable: SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL; The previous statement should produce the output representing the system date, and that might look like this: SYSDATE --------07-NOV-07 As you no doubt have realized, the previous is a toy example.
To find out whether the hr/hr schema exists, you can try to connect to it from within SQL*Plus as follows: CONN hr/hr If the hr/hr account exists but is locked, you should receive the following error message: ERROR: ORA-28000: the account is locked Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. employees table and produce the following output: COUNT(*) --------107 Now that you have seen that everything works properly, you may want to quit the SQL*Plus session. To do this, simply enter the following: quit In Chapter 6, which covers how to implement the database tier of a Java EE application, there will be plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty issuing SQL queries against an Oracle Database from SQL*Plus.
9. In the Context Root box, replace helloworld with /HelloWorld. 10. Leave the other fields at their defaults, and click OK at the top-right side of the page. After performing these steps, you will be taken back to the Applications/Web Applications page. This time, the Deployed Web Applications dialog box within the Applications/Web Applications page should show one deployed application, namely, helloworld. ” application. Figure 2-5. Mock-up of the Deployed Web Applications area located within the Applications/Web Applications page of Admin Console It is interesting to note that the Deployed Web Applications area shown in Figure 2-5 shows all the applications deployed on this domain, regardless of the way you deployed them.
Beginning Database-Driven Application Development in Java EE: Using GlassFish by Yuli Vasiliev